Ink tank printers are becoming increasingly popular in recent years as more and more people are looking for affordable, high-volume printing solutions. Ink tank printers are known for their low cost per page and high-capacity ink tanks, making them ideal for personal and professional use.
This article will explore the advantages and disadvantages of ink tank printers, the best ink tank printers available Under 15,000 in India.
Advantages of Ink Tank Printers:
- Cost-effective: Ink tank printers are designed to provide a low cost per page, which is ideal for those who print large documents. The initial cost of an ink tank printer is usually higher than a traditional inkjet printer, but the price of ink is significantly lower.
- High-volume printing: Ink tank printers have large ink reservoirs that can hold more ink than standard cartridges. This means that users can print more documents without having to replace the ink as often, making it an ideal choice for heavy print users.
- Durable: Ink tank printers are designed to be more durable than traditional inkjet printers, which can break down over time due to frequent ink changes.
- High-quality printing: Ink tank printers are known for their high-quality printing, producing sharp and vibrant images and documents.
Disadvantages of Ink Tank Printers:
- Slow printing speed: Some ink tank printers can be slower than traditional inkjet printers, especially when printing high-quality images.
- Initial cost: The initial cost of an ink tank printer is usually higher than a traditional inkjet printer, which can be a barrier for those on a budget.
- Difficult to refill: Refilling the ink tanks on an ink tank printer can be more complex than changing cartridges on a traditional inkjet printer.
- Limited color options: Some ink tank printers can only print black and white, limiting the types of documents and images that can be printed.
Best ink tank printer under 15000 in India
In India, there are several options to choose from regarding ink tank printers, and we have compiled a list of the best ones available under a budget of 15,000 rupees.
|Brother DCP-T520W All-in-One
|Epson EcoTank L3250 A4 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
|HP Ink Tank 415 All-in-one WiFi Colour Printer
|HP Ink Tank 315 All-in-one Colour Printer
|Canon Pixma G2012 All-in-One Ink Tank Colour Printer
Brother DCP-T520W All-in-One:
The Brother DCP-T520W is a versatile all-in-one ink tank printer that offers high-quality printing, scanning, and copying capabilities. This printer is designed to meet the needs of both personal and office use, making it an excellent choice for those who require a reliable and cost-effective printing solution.
|Limited paper handling
|Good print quality
|No automatic document feeder
|High-yield ink tank system
|No duplex printing
|Easy to use
|No wireless connectivity
Epson EcoTank L3250 A4 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer:
Do you want to purchase and replace ink cartridges for your printer constantly? Look no further than the Epson EcoTank L3250. This all-in-one ink tank printer offers a cost-effective solution for your printing needs with its innovative ink tank system.
With its high-capacity ink tanks, the Epson EcoTank L3250 provides up to two years of printing without needing an ink replacement. This eliminates the frustration of running out of ink in the middle of a vital print job and saves you money in the long run.
|Affordable ink refills
|No automatic document feeder
|Good print quality
|No color display
HP Ink Tank 415 All-in-one WiFi Colour Printer:
The HP Ink Tank 415 All-in-One WiFi Colour Printer: The Ideal Printing Solution for Homes and Small Offices
Printing can be a hassle, especially when you’re running low on ink and need to replace cartridges frequently. The HP Ink Tank 415 All-in-One WiFi Colour Printer offers a convenient and cost-effective solution to this problem.
This printer is designed to meet the needs of homes and small offices and comes with a built-in tank system that can hold a large amount of ink.
One of the standout features of the HP Ink Tank 415 is its ability to print high-quality color documents. With its advanced printing technology, you can expect vivid and sharp prints with accurate colors every time.
This makes it an excellent choice for printing presentations, reports, photos, and other documents that require color printing.
|Slow printing speed
|High-capacity ink tanks
|No automatic document feeder
|Good print quality
|Limited paper-handling capacity
|Easy to set up
|No support for mobile printing
|Limited compatibility with Mac
HP Ink Tank 315 All-in-one Colour Printer:
The HP Ink Tank 315 All-in-One Color Printer is a reliable and affordable solution for home or small office printing needs. With its high-capacity ink tanks, this printer delivers impressive color prints at a low cost per page.
|An extensive ink tank system provides high-volume printing at a low cost per page.
|Print speed could be faster compared to more expensive inkjet printers.
|All-in-one design includes printing, scanning, and copying capabilities.
|The quality of color printing could be more suitable for professional photographers or graphic designers.
|Relatively low upfront cost compared to traditional inkjet printers.
|Ink tanks are large and may take up a significant amount of space.
|Supports wireless printing through WiFi connectivity.
|It has limited paper handling capacity with a manual feed tray.
|No automatic document feeder (ADF) for scanning or copying multi-page documents.
Canon Pixma G2012 All-in-One Ink Tank Colour Printer:
The Canon Pixma G2012 All-in-One Ink Tank Colour Printer is a versatile and reliable option for all your printing needs. This printer boasts several features that make it stand out from the rest, making it an excellent choice for personal and office use.
|Affordable: The Canon Pixma G2012 is an affordable all-in-one printer, making it an attractive option for those on a tight budget.
|No LCD Screen
|Large Ink Capacity
|No Wireless Connectivity
|Easy to Use
In conclusion, these are some of India’s best ink tank printers under 15,000 rupees. When choosing an ink tank printer, it is essential to consider factors such as print quality, speed, cost per print, and paper capacity. Considering these factors, you can find the best ink tank printer to meet your needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):
Do ink tank printers dry up?
Ink tank printers are designed to be less prone to drying up than traditional inkjet printers. This is because ink tank printers have larger reservoirs for ink, which reduces the frequency of refilling the tanks and helps prevent the ink from drying out.
However, if an ink tank printer is not used for an extended period, the ink can still dry out, clogging the print heads and potentially causing damage.
To prevent this from happening, it’s recommended to use the printer regularly, or if you’re not going to use it for a long time, to properly store the printer and cartridges so that the ink doesn’t dry out.
Following the manufacturer’s guidelines for storage and maintenance can help reduce the risk of ink drying up in an ink tank printer.
Is an ink tank printer suitable for home use?
Ink tank printers are generally a good choice for home use, especially if you’re looking for a printer that can handle a large volume of printing at an affordable cost per page. Here’s why:
- Cost-effective: Ink tank printers use refillable ink tanks, which can be refilled at a fraction of the cost of buying new ink cartridges. This can result in significant cost savings over time, especially for those who do a lot of printing.
- High-capacity ink tanks: The ink tanks on these printers have a large capacity, so you won’t have to refill them as often. This makes them convenient for use at home, where you may not have access to replacement ink as quickly as you would in an office setting.
- Good print quality: Ink tank printers can produce high-quality prints with vibrant colors and sharp text. This makes them suitable for various printing needs, from school projects and personal photos to presentations and documents.
- Reliability: Ink tank printers are known for their reliability and durability, so they can handle a lot of use over time without breaking down. This makes them a good investment for anyone who needs to do a lot of printing at home.
That being said, it’s always a good idea to research different models and compare their features and specifications before making a purchase. Consider factors like print speed, connectivity options, and the cost of replacement ink when choosing a printer.
Which brand of ink tank printer is best?
The best brand for ink tank printers can vary depending on individual needs and preferences. However, some of the most popular and highly rated brands for ink tank printers include:
- Epson: Epson is a well-known brand in the printing industry and offers a range of ink tank printers with high-capacity ink tanks, low running costs, and good print quality.
- Canon: Canon also offers a variety of ink tank printers, many of which have refillable ink tanks and high-capacity ink bottles and are known for their high-quality prints.
- HP: HP offers a range of ink tank printers known for their affordability and low cost of printing. Some HP ink tank printers also come with wireless connectivity options.
- Brother: Brother is another famous brand that offers ink tank printers with high-capacity ink tanks and low running costs.
Ultimately, the best brand for you will depend on your specific needs, such as print quality, connectivity options, and budget. I recommend researching and comparing different brands and models to find the one best suits your requirements.
Can the cartridge printer use ink tanks?
Typically no, cartridge printers cannot use ink tanks. Cartridge printers use ink cartridges that are integrated into the printer and are designed to be disposable when the ink runs out.
On the other hand, ink tank printers have large, refillable ink tanks that are external to the printer, which is meant to be refilled with ink bottles when the ink runs low.
Some newer cartridge printers may have a hybrid design that includes a small, integrated ink tank in addition to the replaceable cartridges.
These hybrid printers aim to provide the convenience of traditional cartridge printers while offering some of the cost savings associated with ink tank printers.
So, if you’re looking for a printer that uses ink tanks, it’s best to look for a model specifically marketed as an ink tank printer or a hybrid printer with an integrated ink tank.
Can I partially fill ink tank printers?
Yes, you can partially fill ink tank printers, but the manufacturer does not recommend it. Most ink tank printers are designed to be filled for optimal performance and to avoid issues with the ink system.
If you partially fill the ink tanks, it could lead to air entering the ink system, resulting in air bubbles and clogging of the print head. This could cause permanent damage to the printer, and you may need to replace the print head or the entire ink system.
It’s best to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on correctly filling the ink tanks to avoid any issues with your printer.
Can we install ink tank printer software without a cd?
Yes, installing an ink tank printer software without using a CD is possible. Most modern printers do not come with a CD, as the software can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
To install the software for your ink tank printer without a CD, follow these steps:
- Go to the printer manufacturer’s website and find the software or drivers for your specific model.
- Download the software and save it to your computer.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer and double-click it to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Note: Before installing the software, ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the software.
If you need help installing the software, contact the manufacturer’s customer support for assistance.